Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Food for Thought

It's the second six weeks of school. Have you updated your web site lately? This blog post has some great ideas for your web site. If you don't have time to read the whole post, I have quoted the most important points below - 5 Things Every School Library Website Should Have:

http://lib-girl.blogspot.com/2011/08/5-things-every-school-library-website.html

Communicating what you're doing is all-important! How are you showcasing the learning that takes place in your library? Do you post examples of student work? Do students have the opportunity to provide feedback on your site? With all of the interactive tools that are available now, there is so much that you could do. 
If you'd like help adding some of these elements to your web site, Debbie and I are always available to help you figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. I have found our website difficult to manipulate, and I'm pretty good at tech stuff. I can add and link extra pages, but correctly formatting things without messing up permanent elements on existing pages is challenging.I wish we had more freedom with design, and a more user-friendly web editor. However, I AM glad we have SOME freedom to edit and design. I'm posting a lot of student work and pics on our library Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete