Wednesday, December 3, 2014

12 Books of Christmas - Day 3

For the 3rd book of Christmas, a good friend gave to me...




Forget everything you think you know about Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker. Previous books and films, including the brilliant 1967 movie starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway, have emphasized the supposed glamour of America's most notorious criminal couple, thus contributing to ongoing mythology. The real story is completely different -- and far more fascinating. (Goodreads summary)

This book WAS fascinating to me. As a third generation Dallas native, it was so interesting to read about familiar places and try to picture what those areas of Dallas looked like in the 1930s. I also remember my granddaddy telling me about when he went to see the bodies of Bonnie and Clyde laid out in the funeral home. With newly revealed information from surviving family members, this book was extremely well-researched and written.

No comments:

Post a Comment